Update on the past 24 hours of my Italian life that is dwindling away quickly...
Last night we (most of the Tigers) went out to eat at Acqua al Due. It's a really famous restaurant. They even have one in D.C. and San Diego, but obviously the Italian one is the best one. It's apparently where most famous people eat whenever the visit the city. It had a really great ambiance and I had delicious maccheroni alla vodka. It tasted way better than vodka sauce at home. After dinner we got gelato at Grom and walked around the city just loving our lives. We stopped in Piazza della Republica and had a few sentimental "oh my gosh we're leaving" moments. Then we made a fun game out of seeing how many annoying vendors came up to us trying to sell us useless crap. We had the flower man, the weird light up thing that flies man, the scarf man, the "come to my club tonight" man. Messing with them was quite entertaining. Sometimes we would interrogate them about how much they actually buy the flowers for, or Meg would grab the light up toys out of their hand and start playing with them like a little kid in the middle of the Piazza. Being able to just stand in a Piazza doing absolutely nothing with my friends just would never happen in America. Italian life is brilliant.
Today I had the first half of my Food & Wine exam. Afterwards I came home for a little rest and relaxation before heading out on a long walk around Florence. I went into a million stores until I found the souvenirs I was looking for. Even though the city is annoyingly packed with tourists right now, I am starting to appreciate it despite the craziness since I'm leaving so soon. I could really never get sick of walking past the Duomo...
Tonight we're having dinner at Quatro Leoni. I've never been there but everyone raves about it! I think I might gain 20 pounds in this last week alone since we're eating out virtually every night. Then we're having Tiger Wednesday at the boys' apartment and going to an outdoor club called Central Park!
Tomorrow afternoon I leave for the AMALFI COAST with Alana, Meg, and Mindy. I can't wait to see the Blue Grotto!
Ciao for now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment